Aims & objectives
- To increase community awareness of the social health perspective and the social determinants of health.
- To facilitate and support community participation in health and empowerment to act on the social determinants of health.
- To increase collaboration between the community, government agencies (Federal, State and Local) and non-government organisations to support positive health outcomes.
- To encourage health services to allocate a higher proportion of their budget and staff time to health promotion activities.
- Undertake, or support others to undertake, initiatives and projects that focus on intersectoral cooperation and community engagement to improve heath for all.
- Auspice and support small community organisations in activities to improve health.
- Demonstrate good governance by adhering to Healthy Cities principles and values, and working efficiently and effectively as an association.